UniqueCraft Private Server
Welcome to the UniqueCraft forums, guest! Please login or register below to start posting. Enjoy your stay with our amazing community!
UniqueCraft Private Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the UniqueCraft community forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it. Empty
PostSubject: UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it.   UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:33 pm

While this server may feel brand new, it has actually been quite a long journey to get where we are today.
UniqueCraft (also once known as World of Genocide, and for an even shorter time as Unique-WoW) is old. Almost three years now.

While never obtaining supreme server status, we felt accomolished when we reached 30-50 active players the first few weeks of our existence so long ago. We have never had the intent (or thought) of ever becoming a majorly large server. This is more of a learning experience for all of us.

Now, onto my main point of the post:

UniqueCraft in its current and past forms has never had a clear cut plan or direction to take the server. This led to alo of improvising and as a result slow release of content. While we still want to take the approach of an ever changeing server that constantly evolves its playstyle, I (please note I, not the staff) would rather form a static idea to build from. The general concept of the server would never change.

However, some staff member's agree that a more dynamic concept would be better. I believe it would too, but the question has to be asked, is it worth the work?

I believe it is. With our new branch of Content Designers we will have more development power than ever before. I also believe we will have a new level of creativity and fun with the whole community contributing to the server.

So my propsal is this: We take the best of both worlds.

How? By allowing starting development to be static, allowing fast pushing out of content with fast server launch. Then we turn over to a style of dynamic storylines and gameplay. Constantly makeing tweaks to existing and new content.

What will this original concept be?

Well, Ryuzaki and I had been talking for quite some time, and we both loved this idea:

1-60 Custom Mid-Rate Server
Orginal blizzard gear would remain. But all your favorite classic raids would be replaced with updated mechanics versions. Boss fights would become extreamly strategy dependent.

Much more builds onto this idea, which will be outlined in another post.

Thanks again,

Xanthous - Server Owner
Back to top Go down
Binball
Server Co-Owner
Server Co-Owner
Binball

UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it.   UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I fully support this idea Xanth. I like the idea of having a goal in mind, but also allowing us to take some unexpected routes and to branch off into some other ideas that may come up. This allows us to have scheduled content releases as well as surprising even ourselves with some of what our Content Designers will put out. Overall, this will work out excellently and could be exactly what this server needs to finally get fully stable. It is my hope to finally get to a point of stability this time around and have a good community on our server.

Regards,
Binball - Server Co-Owner
Back to top Go down
https://uniquecraft.forumotion.com

UniqueCraft: The direction we want to take it.
Page 1 of 1