UniqueCraft Private Server
Welcome to the UniqueCraft forums, guest! Please login or register below to start posting. Enjoy your stay with our amazing community!
UniqueCraft Private Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the UniqueCraft community forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concepts, Ideas...and more!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

Concepts, Ideas...and more! Empty
PostSubject: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Storyline: TBA

Main Zones: We want the server to span across 5 key zones. Since the content we want to bring will be large we were thinking about useing the zones in Northrend or Outland as they are massive. However this would possibly lead to gaps in storyline such as traveling to Molten Core even though it is on the other side of the world, or not even on the planet you are on!

If we go the Northrend way I was thinking:
Icecrown,
Howling Fjord,
Borean Tundra,
Crystalsong and
Grizzly Hills.

I am looking for ideas for which zone should be which (ie, horde base or operations: level 1-20. Contested/War zone. Ally base of operation: level 1-20)
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:34 pm

I thought about custom pvp areas.
E.g. Tyr's hand Free For all pvp area. You gain tokes for rewards pr honor kill.
Re-spawn in one of the buildings randomly.

Edit: Oh (...) I forgot about wrath of the lich king. This area became the death knight starting area. It's almost the same story, except now it's a big ass city pvp zone, instead of some small place ... there could still be taken advantage of this in my opinion.

Pre-bc sreenshot :

Concepts, Ideas...and more! Tyr%27s_Hand2

Last edited by Ryuzaki on Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Great idea, free for all pvp is always fun and great. However the only problem I have with Tyr's Hand is it seems to big for effective free for all pvp to take place. Maybe use it as a more of capture/siege the city world pvp?
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Xanthous wrote:
Great idea, free for all pvp is always fun and great. However the only problem I have with Tyr's Hand is it seems to big for effective free for all pvp to take place. Maybe use it as a more of capture/siege the city world pvp?

Definitely. I forgot about tyr's hand was remade when LK launched.
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Yeah its quite large now. There's another scarlet city in WPL called Hearthenglen I think, that could be FFA.
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, There's always those invisible walls.
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:52 pm

True, true I guess Tyr's Hand could work.
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Let's consider this with a warm mug of hot coffee and a cigarette.

The pvp area in Northrend, Wintergrasp. Could perhaps work as a PvE kind of war zone leveling area. In Wintergrasp or somewhere else, I like the idea of a faction neutral zone, going against the environment.

Concepts, Ideas...and more! Image:Wintergrasp_Map
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Sure thing, chap.
Concepts, Ideas...and more! Coffee-and-cigarettes1

Wow, thats pretty smart. I was thinking about useing it as a war zone for pvp. But I like your idea more. You are basically saying a huge open world raid, yes? But its also a leveling zone mixed into it?
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:40 am

Something like Silithus.
Not sure however to make it end lvl or mix leveling in.
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:04 pm

I see, yeah we could do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Ryuzaki wrote:
Something like Silithus.
Not sure however to make it end lvl or mix leveling in.

You remember how Sunwell worked? How you had to have the server to cooperate to bring down gates to access the content? What if we made this zone work like this + silithus. Where instead of working together you pit the factions against each other to earn resourve points. Opening 5-6 seperate gates in the zone. Resources could be gained through completeing pve-orientated quests, captureing key map objectives and daily questing(for end level). The faction that opens the gates (gates open sequentially, so gate 1 has to be opened before gate 2 can be) gets first access to a world boss inside the gate. After all the world bosses of the zone are defeated at least once we can give the faction that killed the most world first of them a questline to open a raid instance. In which the group of players on the faction that complete it get unique rewards and the whole faction gets a global buff in the zone forever.

While the whole server gains access to the raid.
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:56 am

I like your idea.

But in my opinion, rewarding one faction a global buff forever, even though it's only for that one specific zone, it might curse the population of the rewarded faction to raise more quickly, cursing inequality.
Therefor I suggest a more temporary reward to make sure the server balance wont get out of hand in the future.

Just my theory.
Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Umm, idk. Buff only inside the instances/raids in that zone?
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Developing the base core from scratch, often means making one small mistake makes the whole core unstable.
Now, I ain't saying that's what's going on. But I advise to tread carefully.

Back to top Go down
Xanthous
Server Owner
Server Owner
Xanthous

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Good thing its not from scratch then Razz.

Its based off an older Revision of Sandshroud Hearthstone, while still unstable compared to say trinity or mangos, it is still quite more stable(and a lot more fixed, including vehicles!) than your standard ArcEmu funserver core.
Back to top Go down
Ryuzaki
Community Manager
Community Manager

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Kay.
It's all good. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concepts, Ideas...and more!   Concepts, Ideas...and more! Empty

Back to top Go down

Concepts, Ideas...and more!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UniqueCraft Private Server :: General :: Announcements :: Development Logs-
Jump to: